1. Sayulita is 25.1 miles north of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – Use the Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR) You can catch a bus to Sayulita across the street from the airport.
2. Sayulita is in the state of Nayarit and Puerto Vallarta is in the state of Jalisco – The two states are on the Pacific west coast approximately 1,111 miles from San Diego, California
3. Sayulita is known to have excellent water conditions for surfing, windsurfing, kite surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling and boat tours. The region is world famous for learning to surf and serves experience surfers as well. Kayaking and canoeing can also be added to the list. In other words, to a water sports enthuses, Sayulita feels like paradise. Gear rentals for all your favorite sports are available.
4. Nature, camping, wild life tours, hiking and bike tours are also part of the popular things to do in Sayulita.
5. Sayulita actually sits right on the coast of the Pacific Ocean. Whereas, Puerto Vallarta and surrounding areas sit on the shores of the Banderas Bay.
6. Sayulita is just down the road, from Punta Mita, a popular play ground for the rich and the famous. (17.4 miles)
7. Spa treatment, yoga and plates is also a part of this hip-town’s agenda.
8. Sayulita is the home of the Annual Festival Sayulita to be held in late January of 2016
9. Sayulita is known by surfers through-out the world as a mellow place to surf You can find surfing tides and charts here.
10. The bus ride from in front of Wal-Mart in Puerto Vallarta is less then 1 hour to Sayulita, and cost less then 35 pesos. You’ll pass through Bucerias another great surfing location.
Click here to enjoy a video and images day-trip to Sayulita, Mexico, from Puerto Vallarta. If you have big bucks, check out the Four Seasons in Punta Mita, owned by William Gates. If you’re traveling on a budget check out our article on comparing accommodations between Punta Mita and Sayulita and get your Free $20 travel credit here.